Cedar City Star Search
Welcome to Cedar City Star Search!
In its inaugural year, Cedar City Star Search is an incredible opportunity for our community to showcase all types of talent, including singing, dancing, spoken word, solo musicians and bands, and, of course, let's not forget comedians, magicians and other variety acts! If you have an awesome talent that you want to share with Cedar City— now is your time to shine!
A few important dates to remember:
- Jan 19 - Feb 14 | Online Audition Submission Period
- Feb 22 | Finalists Announced
- Mar 18 | Dress Rehearsal | (Heritage Theater)
- Mar 19 | Cedar City Star Search Competition | 7 pm (Heritage Theater)
See below for more info on how to apply and other event details.
APPLICATIONS OPEN - JAN 19 | DEADLINE - FEB 14TH
Apply Online (Auditions Open Jan 19th at 8 am) Watch for the link to be posted here!
Please read all the rules and guidelines prior to submitting.
1. Applications for Cedar City Star Search (CCSS) must be completed in their entirety and submitted to Cedar City Office by Feb 14, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be notified by Mon, Feb 22 if they were selected to compete as a finalist at the Cedar City Star search on March 19, 2021.
2. Cedar City Star Search is open to all family-friendly acts, including singing, dancing, juggling, magic, playing an instrument, dramatic recitation, spoken word, we want to see what unique talents you have.
3. Applicants must reside in Iron County, Utah. If applicants are under 18, they will be required to fill out a parental consent form with the application.
4. Nonresidents may participate in CCSS as long as they are in a band or group where a majority of the members reside in Iron County.
5. All acts MUST submit an online audition to perform at Cedar City Star Search. A panel of judges from the Cedar City Star Search Committee will determine which online submissions qualify to participate in the event, scheduled for March 19, 2021, at the Heritage Theater. If needed, an in-person audition may be requested.
6. In addition to the Cedar City Star Search Performance date, all acts will be required to show up for a brief soundcheck and dress rehearsal on March 18, 2021. Scheduling of the dress rehearsal time slots will occur when finalists are announced on February 22nd.
7. All performances are monitored for content and may not contain inappropriate lyrics, references, gestures or profanity.
8. All performance attire and/or costumes must be deemed appropriate by the panel of judges and the event director.
9. Auditions are submitted as a video via a publicly viewable YouTube link.
- Instructions for posting a video to YouTube
- If unable to submit via YouTube, a USB Drive (with act title and performers names) will be accepted at City Hall Office (10 N. Main Street)
- No longer than 5 minutes
- Clear Audio and Video
- Must have the name(s) of the performer(s) and the act's title in the description.
10. Cedar City Star Search auditions and performances will be no longer than 5 minutes.
11. Each applicant can have a single entry into Cedar City Star Search.
12. All decisions by the judges and the director of CCSS are final.
- 4 -12
- 13 -18
- Groups and Bands
The top 3 from each age division will compete against each other on March 19th at the Heritage Theater in front of a live audience, where a panel of local celebrity judges will choose a winner from each age division. The audience will also have a chance to choose their favorite.
Awards will be given to the winner of each category as well as an overall audience choice award.
Biographies will be posted after the finalists have been selected on Feb 22nd.
Keep watching this space to see who will be our Celebrity Judges.