The Office of Economic Development is committed to countywide economic development.
The mandate for this office is to provide rich business resources for the creation, growth, and recruitment of companies to Iron County and Cedar City while focusing on community strengths, resources, and environment. Since its creation in 1988, the Office of Economic Development has attracted numerous new manufacturing enterprises, retail shops and other businesses to the area.
Strategic Plan and Objectives:
- Foster cooperation, communication, and coordination of local, county and area leaders.
- Recruit quality businesses providing higher wages and benefits to employees.
- Improve employment opportunities through retention and expansion of existing businesses.
- Conduct marketing research and prepare essential information regarding Iron County.
- Provide comprehensive marketing information to increase tourism.
- Maintain and improve the infrastructure of Iron County to accommodate business and tourism growth.
Below is an interactive map developed and designed by the Governor's Office of Economic Development
to illustrate the infrastructure
in Cedar City.