The Paul K. Irons Life Safety House began construction fall of 2007 it was dedicated on May 14, 2008. Designed to teach children and adults safe practices in and around the home. Second grade classes throughout Cedar City and Enoch are trained in the house annually.
- Fire safety and burns
- Escape plans and how to crawl low in smoke
- Gun safety
- Electrocution from hair dryers, curling irons, etc.
- Strangulation from extension cords and blind strings
- Prescription drugs
- Smoke detectors and residential fire sprinkler systems
- Utility shutoff procedures (grown ups only)
- Cedar City Corp.
- Cedar City Fireman’s Relief Association
- Iron County Home Builders Association
- Mark Leany Trust
- State Bank of Southern Utah
- Southwest Federal Credit Union
- Wal-Mart Stores
- Allstate Insurance Agent Jerry Bybee
Donations were also made by many others within the community.
For a guided tour/training for your group, contact the fire station at 435-586-2964, please schedule a minimum of 5 days in advance.