City Cedar Ordinance NO. 0627-12-1
Wednesday June 27, 2012
The Mayor and City Council are encouraging residents to be very careful this year with all fireworks and suggest that parents speak to their children about the fire danger. Due to unusual extreme hazardous fire conditions the discharge of any and all fireworks including Class C common fireworks is prohibited in Cedar City except in the following areas:
1) The asphalt parking lot to the north of the Bicentennial Softball Fields.
2) The asphalt parking lot to the west of the Cedar City Aquatic Center.
3) The asphalt parking lot on the south side of Canyon View High School.
4) The asphalt parking lot on the south side of Cedar High School.
5) The asphalt parking lot at Iron Springs Elementary.
The Cedar City Police Department will be strictly enforcing these restrictions. Violation of this ordinance shall be a class B misdemeanor punishable by both fine and imprisonment.
Please click on the link to read the entire Fire Restriction Ordinance