News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/13/2022 5:12:00 PM to 9/7/2022 12:57:30 PM.
Cedar City Updates
Posted on: July 13, 2022
[ARCHIVED] MONSOON SEASON INFORMATION
MONSOON SEASON INFORMATION:
City officials encourage all residents to clear your property of excessive brush, overgrowth, and debris to further mitigate any influx of water we may experience during a monsoon. Coming together as a neighborhood and community can help prepare us for a multitude of scenarios. Talk with your neighbors and get to know them in case extra help is needed before, during and after a flooding.
|Self-serve sandbags are available for residents while supplies last at the Cedar City Public Works building located at 716 N Airport Road or at the Iron County Animal Shelter located at 3109 N Iron Springs Road, Cedar City. If you are interested in helping pre-filling bags, call (435) 586-2912.|
INFORMATION DURING A MONSOON
|FOLLOW CEDAR CTY ONLINE:|
FOLLOW NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
CITY-WIDE INFRASTRUCTURE IMPROVEMENTS SINCE 2021
With assistance from the federal government’s American Rescue Plan Act, Cedar City engineers worked to identify various locations and projects that were available for rapid improvements in preparation for the upcoming July/August monsoon season.
The Street and Storm Drain Division completed projects this winter including:
- Cleaning Coal Creek from Main Street to the Airport until Iron County property.
- Cleaning from Woodbury Split to Lady Bug Nursery until Iron County property.
- Re-establishing a storm drain channel by Silver Silo Bakery.
- Cleaning basins on the east side of the city including Fiddlers Canyon, Stephen’s Canyon, Rainbow Canyon and Dry Canyon.
- Re-establishing a storm drain channel from Stadium Way Apartments to the Tag-N-Go carwash.
- Vacuuming and cleaning over 100 catch basins, including numerous storm drainpipes cleaned and vacuumed out.